Church History

John Wesley chartered the first Methodist church in the United States on Feb 28, 1784.

Trinity was first formed with 64 members from churches (Shady Grove, Factory Hill and Causeys Chapel) in 1884 and was known as Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The first pastor was Rev. Charles L. Pattillo.

Three sanctuaries have been built (1884 - 1951 - 1965). We have ministered to over 1500 members in the 130 years of our existence and to countless others in the community. This has been accomplished under the leadership of 57 ministers.

In 1968 the Methodist Church joined with the Evangelical United Brethren Church to become The United Methodist Church, thus giving us the name "Trinity United Methodist Church".

As all churches reflect the age in which they exist and continue to minister, so has Trinity. We have had surges and declines in membership, changes in the types and number of worship services and opportunities to serve and with God's blessings continue to strive to be a loving, multi-generational, multi-cultural, multi-racial congregation.

  Trinity UMC
821 South Gordon Road
Austell Ga 30168